Senior Financial Planner
An overview of us
At Headley Financial Services, we’re a well established Chartered Financial Planning firm based in Alton, North Hampshire. Currently, we have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Financial Planner to join our talented team. For the right individual, there will be the opportunity to join the management team and help us shape the future direction of the business.
As one of our Senior Planners is retiring, there is a large and interesting client bank to take over and manage, along with new clients arising. This existing client bank is worth over £100 million, split between investments, pensions and trusts. We expect the handover process to take up to two years, with the current Senior Planner making introductions and working alongside the new Planner.
What you will need to bring to the team
You must have excellent technical knowledge, with a minimum qualification of Chartered APFS, along with at least five years of industry experience.
We’re a people business, so empathy is really important. Alongside this you must have strong verbal and written communication skills, the ability to build deep, long-term relationships, and an efficient, diligent approach to work.
Our clients deserve the best, so you must have good attention to detail and strive for excellence in the big things and the small. You’ll need to be creative and able to adapt your advice to our varied client profile.
We want you to bring a passion for your subject as well as an appetite for learning and self-development. Last (but not least), a positive attitude and sense of fun will be a perfect fit with our fantastic team.
What we can provide to you
As well as an existing bank of lovely clients, we’ll give you comprehensive paraplanning and administration support to aid you as an adviser. Also backing you up will be our robust IT systems and an industry-leading client management database, enabling you and your team to help clients efficiently and effectively.
As a relatively small company, you’ll have plenty of opportunity to develop your career and influence the direction of our business. We’re keen for the new senior adviser to help us evolve, aiding the directors with longer term corporate decisions and the chance to eventually join the management team.
While our staff enjoy working at the office, we aim to balance our staff’s lifestyles to maximise productivity at work, so a degree of remote working can be considered.
At Headley you’ll find a supportive culture, friendly atmosphere and good sense of humour. This is regularly on show at our summer and Christmas events, along with quarterly company outings arranged by our social team.
Your responsibilities, attitude and knowledge
- Providing financial planning advice to clients within FCA rules and the company’s procedures.
- Being an integral part of our growing team and promoting professional and ethical behaviours.
- Providing financial planning solutions, including cashflow models, to new and existing clients.
- Delivering annual reviews for existing clients, managing the relationships and identifying new work opportunities.
- Maintaining performance standards outlined in the Key Performance Indicators section of our Training and Competence procedures.
- Helping to grow and improve our company and service offering by being an active part of development and change projects alongside our Directors.
- Building and maintaining relationships with professional introducers and nurturing new advocates.
- Helping to educate, coach and train our wider staff team, such as paraplanners and administrators.
- Staying up to date with the Financial Services marketplace and legislation to provide technical updates to the company.
- Developing an understanding of new planning concepts to help make sure our solutions are leading edge.
- Understanding of and willingness to learn about our financial planning software (Intelliflo database and cashflow modelling knowledge is a plus), research tools and report writing systems.
- Using Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Process Management Software, cloud and remote systems.
- Understanding the Regulatory and Compliance requirements of a directly authorised Financial Services business.
Your benefits package
- Competitive full time salary.
- Annual profitability bonus, client retention bonus and new business bonus.
- Holiday of 25 days pa, increasing to 27 days after 5 years at the company and 30 days after 10 years.
- 4 x salary for death in service.
- Pension scheme of 5% employer contribution with minimum of 3% gross employee contribution.
- Future expectation, on satisfactory performance, to participate in ownership of company.
If you’d like to talk to us further about joining our great team, please send your CV to email@example.com
For more information about us click here.